Environmental Advisory Council
MEETING DATE: March 26, 2019
EAC Members: Earl Cram, Michelle Garg, Harmonie Hawley, Mary Ellen Heisey, Tom Heisey, and Jonathan Meyers.
Board of Supervisors (BOS): Susan Guerette, Martha Majewski, and Jim Morrisson.
Meeting called to order at 7:00pm. Meeting adjourned at 8:21pm.
- EAC Meeting Summary Approval
- The meeting summary of the February 2019 meeting was read and approved.
- Ms. Heisey announced:
- Clean energy Expo: March 30, 2019 in West Whiteland Township Building in Exton from 12-4.
- Next newsletter deadline is 12Apr2019 for May18th publication.
- Mr. Meyers will provide short article regarding the BOS recently approved clean energy.
- Bags for benches collection is due 22April2019.
- Volunteers requested for the Friends of Medal Honor Grove Clean Up April 27th at 9:00 am.
- EAC Network Conference in Poconos on May 18, 2019.
- EAC 2019
- Mr. Meyers discussed the potential future speaker: Director French & Pickering Creek Conservation Trust for one of the next 2019 EAC meetings.
- Mr. Meyers discussed the potential for the EAC to join the Efficiency Code Membership deadline is March 29th & any municipal can join. More details regarding this will be distributed for review and discussion for the next EAC meeting.
- Reports/Updates on Ongoing Business
- Bird Town
- Mr. Morrisson announced that Kennett Township is a Bird Town.
- Mr. Cram announced the Great American Clean-up was a success with 6 volunteers. The team collected 1380 pounds of trash plus miscellaneous bulk items. Mr. Crams will investigate refreshing anti-litter signs and identifying the locations of dense litter.
- Mr. Cram would like the adopt-a-highway to occur on May 4th. He will check the availability of resources.
- Energy Planning
- Mr. Meyers thanked the BOS for approving RF100 resolution. Schuylkill township was 7 in the county and 111 in the nation to issue a resolution.
- Ms. Majewski announced the next Phoenixville Regional Planning Committee meeting will be held on March 27th at township building 7:30-9.
- Lanternfly Boy Scout project
- Land use ordinances subcommittee
- Ms. Heisey announced that the final updated ordinance will be presented before the BOS for approval on March 28th at 7:00 at the township building.
- Name Unnamed Streams Project
- Pickering Preserve
- Ms. Heisey reviewed comments received regarding the YMCA riparian buffer areas. It is uncertain if the EAC can do anything since this is private property.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and mowing schedule sub-team – no updates.
- Ms. Heisey reviewed the letter from the suburban archers regarding park regarding the noted tree vandalism. EAC will ask for BOS support to prevent any further vandalism by posting signs and potential removal of unhealthy trees to prevent damage.
- Mr. Morrisson will ask the Whitetail Association for their historical input.
- Rain Garden / Butterfly Garden
- Township Solar Panels
- Mr. Meyers reviewed the current solar panels (6) with township manager and solar engineer. The panels appear to be useable and current infrastructure can support re-installment of the panels at the township. Re-installation quote will be provided for review.
- Treasurer’s report
- Valley Park
- Ms. Heisey reviewed the proposed educational sign from Mr. Cram. EAC will forward additional sign suggestions for review and consideration.
- Ms. Garg reviewed feedback from Mr. O’Dell regarding his oversight of the paved path being installed this spring. He marked several significant trees that will be kept, and the path may be altered after review by the township engineer to ensure the trees are maintained.
- Eagle’s Point at Sedgley Farms (Reeves property)
- Ms. Heisey reviewed the BOS response letter drafted by Mr. Kunz and asked any EAC comments be sent directly to him prior to submission to the BOS next month.
- Ms. Heisey announced the next hearing meeting April 2nd at Township building from 6:30-end.
- Proposed WaWa
- New / Other Business
- Mr. Meyers suggested adding storm water management as an agenda item for EAC meetings.