Environmental Advisory Council
MEETING DATE: September 2015
EAC Members: Earl Cram, Michelle Garg, Steve Kunz, Jerry O’Dell & Mike Roscoe.
Board of Supervisors (BOS): Martha Majewski & Fred Perry
Public participation: None
Meeting called to order at 7:30pm. Meeting adjourned at 8:30pm.
- EAC Meeting Summary Approval
- The meeting summary of the August 2015 meeting was read and approved.
Reports/Updates on Ongoing Business
- Mr. O’Dell will attend the Stroud Riparian Buffer seminar on 24Sep.
- Mr. O’Dell announced the Montgomery County Planning commission will host a sustainable parking lots meeting in Plymouth Meeting at Arborcrest in Blue Bell on 30Sep2015.
- Bird Town –
- Environmental Resources Inventory (ERI) –
- Mr. Kunz announced that updates to the maps are in progress and should be complete by end of year.
- Pickering Preserve -
- Mr. O’Dell informed that the butterfly garden is growing and looks healthy.
- Trails -
- Valley Park -
- Ms. Majewski announced the trail design is still ongoing.
- O’Dell announced that he walked the area and noticed that the phragmites and cat tails are starting to take over and the meadow is growing with planted seeds.
- 518 Springview Lane -
- Homeowners completed the immediate actions as requested by the EAC from the site visit on 31Aug2015.
- The University of Valley Forge Conference Center- Harmony Village at Valley Forge.
Mr. O’Dell announced he sent the EAC recommendation letter to the BOS prior to their September meeting.
- Nolen Property on Pawling’s Road -
- Pohlig Builders - Reeves Property/Planned Residential Development (PRDO) -
- Self-Storage unit – 305 Kimberton Rd.
- Ms. Majewski announced the ground breaking ceremony date is 27Sep2015.
- American Inks and Coating-
- Medal of Honor Grove -
- EAC would like to volunteer to support to maintain one state. Mr. O’Dell will request additional information.
- Mission Statement -
- EAC decided to keep the current statement.
- Community Magazine –
- 2015 Article deadlines: winter 10/19. Mr. Cram will prepare the announcement for the spring newsletter.
- 2016 Budget
- EAC requested $5,000 for the 2016 annual budget.
- EAC Going Forward
- EAC would like to invite other township/municipalities EAC members to one of our EAC meetings to discuss best practices.
- The spring 2016 Great American Clean-up date will be 30April2016 and the site will be Valley Park Rd. Clean up will occur from 10-12am. Group will meet at Township building.