Environmental Advisory Council
MEETING DATE: November 24, 2015
EAC Members: Michelle Garg, Steve Kunz, Jerry O’Dell & Mary Ellen Heisey.
Board of Supervisors (BOS): Martha Majewski & Fred Parry
Public participation: None
Meeting called to order at 7:30pm. Meeting adjourned at 8:15pm.
- EAC Meeting Summary Approval
- The meeting summary of the October 2015 meeting was read and approved with minor edits.
Reports/Updates on Ongoing Business
- Mr. O’Dell reminded EAC that the next meeting date is December 15th
- Mr. O’Dell announced that the Medal of Honor Grove will place wreaths across the grove on Saturday, 12Dec2015 at 11am.
- Environmental Resources Inventory (ERI) -
- Mr. Kunz has reviewed the updated maps from Gilmore received last month. Some of the requested revisions were not included in this update. Once Mr. Roscoe has had a chance to review, missing items and corrections needed will be identified and sent back to Gilmore (via Mary) for incorporation.
- Pickering Preserve -
- Mr. O’Dell announced that the preserve will be mowed before the winter.
- Mr. O’Dell announced that the unhealthy Scotch pine will be removed.
- Trails -
- Mr. O’Dell announced the Freedom Trail Feasibility Study Committee will be held on December 8th and the next Sidewalk Feasibility Study Steering Committee will be held on December 9th. Public meetings will be held in January.
- Valley Park -
- Mr. O’Dell announced the Trolley Station Subcommittee would like to include a second EAC member (in addition to him) to join the subcommittee. Ms. Heisey volunteered to be the second EAC representative.
- Nolen Property on Pawling’s Road
- Pohlig Builders - Reeves Property/Planned Residential Development (PRDO)
- Self-Storage unit – 305 Kimberton Rd.
- Ms. Majewski announced that ground clearing occurred.
- Mr. O’Dell announced that the tree clearing is complete.
- The University of Valley Forge Conference Center- Harmony Village at Valley Forge
- EAC dates
- 2016 EAC adjusted dates are 19April2016 and one combined meeting for November December to be held on 29Nov2016.
- EAC terms expiring on January 2016
- Confirmed desired renewals of terms for: M. Garg, M. Heisey, M. Roscoe.
- Mr. O’Dell will confirm with E. Cram that he desires renewal of his term.
- 2016 EAC workshops
- EAC to develop a survey to poll residents for what they would like included in an environmental workshop.
- 2016 EAC meeting
- EAC will extend an invitation to other Schuylkill Township commission members to attend an EAC meeting next year.
- Chester County Natural Heritage Inventory
- One Natural Heritage Area identified in Schuylkill Township. EAC to review and discuss at next meeting.