Environmental Advisory Council
MEETING DATE: March 22, 2016
EAC Members: Earl Cram, Michelle Garg, Mary Ellen Heisey, Tom Heisey, Steve Kunz, Jerry O’Dell & Mike Roscoe.
Board of Supervisors (BOS): Fred Perry & Martha Majewski
Public Participation: Ann Caulfield
Meeting called to order at 7:29pm. Meeting adjourned at 8:45pm.
- EAC Meeting Summary Approval
- The meeting summary of the February 2016 meeting was read and approved.
- EAC welcomed Tom Heisey to the EAC as an alternate member.
- Mr. O’Dell announced that the Growing Greener awarded was awarded to Kennett Greenway Trail.
- Mr. O’Dell announced that the Great American Clean-up will be April 30th, 10-12.
- Mr. O’Dell announced that the April EAC meeting is on 19April due to PA primaries.
Reports/Updates on Ongoing Business
- Ms. Caulfield announced that she is working on Phoenixville Beautification Advisory commission. The commission will establish pollinator corridors in the township along Schuylkill River Trail in the Phoenixville Borough and another meadow at the Malory Road Trail head.
- Bird Town -
- Ms. Heisey announced she will attend the annual meeting on Sunday, 10April 2016, from 12-2pm.
- Environmental Resources Inventory (ERI) -
- Pickering Creek Re-designation Evaluation -
- Pickering Preserve -
- Trails -
- EAC to update the township trails for incorporation to the Chester country trails map.
- Valley Park -
- Mr. O’Dell attended the 07Mar meeting. The engineers reviewed the concept plan. The retaining wall will not be installed. The updated plan will be reviewed at a later EAC meeting.
- Mr. O’Dell discussed with the road crew to cut back the population of cattails, mile-a-minute and phragmites in early spring.
- Medal of Honor Grove -
- Mr. O’Dell was asked to help on the Grounds Committee of the MOH Grove.
- Nolen Property on Pawling’s Road
- Ms. Majewski announced that the development plan will be presented at the next BOS meeting. A walking path is included in the plan.
- Pohlig Builders - Reeves Property/Planned Residential Development (PRDO)
- The University of Valley Forge Conference Center- Harmony Village at Valley Forge
- EAC Township Forum ”Planting with Purpose”
- Reviewed and approved the final workshop handout.
- Reviewed and approved the draft survey for future workshop.
- EAC stream naming objective
- Mr. Kunz announced that the BOS approved the stream naming project. Mr. Kunz announced that there are 4 named streams and 12 unnamed streams. EAC will begin work on the project.